Pages

Monday, June 14, 2021

How to use doubling and halving.

 Today we have been learning how to use a new maths strategy doubling and halving. You may ask what is halving and doubling? It is a strategy to solve multiplication equations such as a question like 25 x 16.


First you choose what number to double.

25 x 2 = 50

Then you halve the other number.

16 divided by 2 = 8

Now our new equation is 

50 x 8 =

You can keep doing this..

100 x 4 = 400


It make the multiplication so much easier.

Have you ever you used this maths strategy.

Thank you for reading my blog


  


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question. Encourage me to make another post.